2.15.2012

Valentine's Day


Jack had requested sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, so on Monday night I whipped up a batch. I've never actually made them before, but I must say that I totally nailed it. They were perfect! And I put almond extract in the frosting, just like Jack likes it. Also, I usually frost at least three ugly ones before I start making pretty ones, but my first three were beautiful this time!

Of course Jack broke the rule that we wouldn't get anything for each other, since we had a little getaway to Balboa Island last weekend. And I did not break the rule, and I got nothing for him. How embarrassing. The same thing happened two years ago. What a naughty boy. 

We used our Cheesecake Factory gift cards that we got from Mom and Dad Taggart for Christmas. So I showed up to the restaurant and there he was with a bouquet of stock! I had just given a lecture in the car earlier this week (morning driving time is prime lecture time for me) about how over-rated roses are, and that nobody appreciates the simpler flowers, and so on. And he got me stock! What a sweet boy.

1 comment :

  1. BennyBoy broke the same rule! Silly (but oh, so sweet) boys!

    ReplyDelete