9.19.2015

The Magical Burney Falls


We wanted to break up our drive down from Oregon, so I picked this campsite near Lassen Volcanic National Park for us to spend the night and then see some sights the next day. It had the option of tiny little cabins! More expensive than a regular campsite, but still way cheaper than a motel! I thought the cabin idea would be great - less gear to pack, a little more room, and there's a waterfall nearby! These cabins were more than great, they were adorable and clean and looked brand new, and there were no crowds even on a Friday night! And this waterfall was the prettiest one I've ever seen. Not as tall and grand as the Yosemite ones, but I'd venture to say more beautiful! We walked down to see it before we cooked dinner, and again in the morning before breakfast. We were all alone both times! Unbelievable. And so magical. This was a lucky pick of location and I'm dying to go back. Also, Cora and Jack had some quality time on this trip. She has always been a momma's girl, but now I've got some competition! Goodness gracious, I love these three people.  Lots of pics below!






1 comment :

  1. omg. nose scrunch in first pic is KILLING me. what a beautiful place too!

    ReplyDelete