1.27.2015

My favorite little psycho




She's crazy. She's totally nuts. She never holds still, never stops talking, and I love her so so much. Such a precious little soul. These pictures are from our walk around the neighborhood the other day. I love seeing how excited she gets about everything, including finding a leaf on the ground. All leaves are "fedders." She is referring to Dumbo's magic feather that makes him fly. Molly is getting way into imaginative play, reading books, and coloring. She shows signs of having an artist's mind like her Grandma Taggart. She often refers to things as their color or pattern when she doesn't know the word for it. "Yellow please, momma!" when she wants to hold the yellow vase. She's also very good at noticing and creating shapes out of abstract objects. She'll see a horse or a bird's face in old scribbles in her coloring book, or she'll bite her sandwich or cracker into a certain shape on purpose and then say, "Look! A boat!" My favorite one was when Cora blew out of her diaper and had poop soaked up the back of her shirt. I peeled it off and set it by the sink to scrub it out and when Molly saw it she said "Look momma, a elephant!" She was right, it was totally an elephant shaped poop stain.

The other night she said her very first prayer, and Jack and I almost died. I realize I will probably not document the first prayers of the rest of my children. Everything Molly does is new to me, and that's why I feel so confused and so fascinated by her. She teaches me many, many things every day. I always feel that I am struggling to find patience with her behavior, but then I realize at the end of the day that she's having to be just as patient with me. Hopefully I will have learned a little something about parenting by the time I have my fourth child. This is what she was grateful for in her prayer:

Mommy
Daddy
Cora
pants
Cora's pants
Momma's pants
Cinderella jammies
hair
fishies
berries
elephants
Grandma
Grandpa
Tori
Nemo
sharks

Amen.

2 comments :

  1. I need a Molly in my life to help me find the joy in poop stains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so sweet that she is so artistically minded! bea is turning out to be much more left-brained than i thought, rather than finding pictures in everything like molly, she finds letters- she was eating a donut the other day and held it up and said " Look mommy! O!" and looking at her m&m the other day, she said "mommy! W!" (it was upside down.) isn't 2 so much fun? i feel like you REALLY start to get to know them at this age!

    ReplyDelete