11.04.2014

Solo Hollywood Hike








I've been trying to get up and exercise early while my family sleeps. It's so nice to have a peaceful start and then go home to greet my babies feeling energized and ready to take on the day. A few weeks ago I hiked up to the Hollywood sign at sunrise. I have hiked it a few times before, but never by myself and never at sunrise. There were no other people on the trail that early and I realized as I hiked that it was the first time in forever that I had been alone! Not only was I away from my babies, but I was the only person within at least a thousand foot radius! How often do you get that in a big city? When I was an apartment manager I would get in particularly claustrophobic moods, hearing my neighbors above me, smelling the pot from my neighbor next door, hearing my phone ring with constant requests from all the people crammed into that building! And I would lie down at night, trying to tune out the sound of the skateboarders on our front steps, and imagine how many people (and dogs! soooo many barking dogs) were within a five hundred foot radius of my bed. And then I would imagine driving away from Los Angeles forever. Anyways, this hiking experience was the exact opposite of that feeling! I loved watching the sky turn from grey to purple to pink to gold to blue. And I love that I can drive ten minutes and be alone.

3 comments :

  1. This looks dreamy! I want to do this with you someday. Please be careful when you're out alone like this! I don't want any of the LA crazies to get you.

    I love your blog! Please keep posting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan would not approve of this activity (for safety reasons). I won't tell him or he'll lose sleep. I approve:)

    ReplyDelete