7.20.2013

Hollywood Hike

Last Saturday my BFF Jamie and I hiked to the Hollywood sign. Ever since we've moved to LA (almost two years ago! whaaaat??) I've had this on my list of things to do. You can't actually hike right up to it, you kind of go behind it and there's a fence protecting it. If you hop the fence, crazy things will happen, like helicopters will chase you and you'll get blown up, and the world ends, stuff like that.

There are a few different ways to get to the Hollywood sign. I chose the shortest and steepest way, because I wanted to make a pit stop at the Tree of Wisdom. Since we've moved here, while driving around I have always noticed this tree on the top of the mountain all by itself. You can see it from almost anywhere in Burbank, and from the 101, it's very obvious, just all alone on the very tip top of the mountain near the Cahuenga pass. I've always wanted to hike to it, but I didn't even know if that was possible. I had wondered if anyone else in the world noticed this tree too. Then, last Thursday night, I discovered that it has a name, the Tree of Wisdom, and that you can hike to it! And so we hiked it the next Saturday morning. It was a great moment when we arrived. I was ever so pleased to finally see the tree up close. It even has a notebook next to it so you can impart your wisdom to other hikers. I didn't have anything clever to write.

It was a perfect morning hike, short and hard. The best part is walking along the the top ridge of the mountain, with views of the San Fernando Valley to the left and all of LA on the right. So fun! I'd like to start doing it once a month at least.

I love where I live.



^San Fernando Valley. NBC and Disney Studios on the right.^



No comments :

Post a Comment