10.05.2015

Modesto weekend and GCB


 GCB meaning General Conference Brunch.  Because how can we set a posh table in the backyard and not take pictures? Mom really outdid herself this time.

On our drive back from Modesto last night, Jack told me that every time we leave my parents' house, it takes him about an hour into the drive to get over the depression of leaving and get excited about going back to normal life. I feel the same way, except it takes me until about lunch time the next day :)  It's such a happy, beautiful, comfortable place! I feel so lucky to live close enough to visit for a weekend. The kids run free, delicious food appears left and right, and SISTERS! Mom and Dad treat us like royalty even though all we do is bring our crazy children and tear the place apart. (Cora smashed a lamp within 45 seconds of waking up on Sunday morning.) Dad made sure to take me on a bike ride and take Jack to the movies. He just loves to make the people happy.

Let's talk about the brunch. Mom always makes the most delicious brunch on conference Sunday, but this time she went all out and we brought it out to the backyard to make it a garden party! She added raspberry mascarpone cheese rolls to the menu this year, and they were a hit! Although I can't say anything beats the classic cinnamon rolls. And then once the kitchen was clean for like thirty seconds, she started bringing ingredients out for dinner, which was flank steak sandwiches, corn tomato basil salad, and sweet potato fries. What can I say, I love to remember the food details.

General Conference was amazing. It's such a blessing. I wish I every person in the world would/could watch it. Truth and comfort and guidance and hope for all. And as always, so many things I will try to do better with, first up: scripture study! Jack is the most diligent and I shall try to be like him.  

Last thing is LUKE. They needed a quick snap of Luke for Danny's office, and the perfect angel child clasped his hands just so, haha! Molly is never happier than when playing with her cousins. We miss Sam and Luke a lot today. I wish all my siblings and Jack's siblings lived in the same state!






1 comment :

  1. Ahhhh! We miss you too and count the days until any of you return.

    ReplyDelete