4.12.2013

New apartment, new life

I really like it when I get to move. It's one of my favorite things ever. I love figuring out where the furniture is going to go. I love throwing away everything I haven't used/worn/remembered I even had. I love making long wish lists on the ikea website of things I wouldn't actually buy. It's a great process.

Our new place is great. It's all wood floors and tile, which is actually a huge change. Living with no carpet is a totally different lifestyle! No more lounging around on the floor while watching movies. No more just tossing the baby down for a few minutes in the family room while I make dinner. I have to pile up like five blankets first. But I love the wood floors! They're so pretty! (And they're actually laminate.)

Molly is the greatest baby in the world. This new job is CRAZYTOWN. I think things will calm down soon, but now I feel like I'm losing my mind all day. Molly is totally cool with it all, accompanying me on all sorts of awkward visits to the tenants. Her naps are forever long these days, she snoozes away for hours on end while I run around and get things done. Then she wakes up and is jolly and sweet and just a perfect angel.

She is way into scratching things with her little fingernails, gargling super loud, and fake coughing. What a goofball.


Looking sweet on Easter Sunday.

Looking so serious with pal Oskar.

She finally fits into these precious sweet pea jammies from Grandma Hawkins. She was not so sure about the hat, but I think it shows off her chubby cheeks nicely.

3 comments :

  1. What a lovely creature. And glad the new job and place are working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmyword she is SO CUTE. What a great blue outfit. And lovely yellow flowers in her Easter pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, officially the CUTEST baby ever. Can't wait to meet her! We love her already!

    ReplyDelete