12.10.2015

Mt. Baldy Summit!



For my birthday this year, Jack gave me a day to hike Mt. Baldy! He stayed home with the girls and I hiked with my friends Jamie and Claire. Mt Baldy, officially called Mt. San Antonio, is the highest point in LA County, at a pretty respectable 10,064 feet. We did get lost once or twice, adding on a few miles to our already long hike! We ended up doing about 13 miles and it took us a looooong time. I had a bit of altitude sickness - a big headache and a bit of dizziness that started about an hour before we summited, and it didn't go away until about the time we were chowing down on Chinese food on the way home. But it was still worth it! The views were amazing. The other hikers on the trail were so friendly and jolly. We saw lots of snow, and we were even lucky enough to spot a cute mountain goat with big curly horns! Everyone who lives in southern California should do this hike at some point. More pics below.







No comments :

Post a Comment