1.03.2012

Holga in SF










We got home from NC late last night (details later, it was SO MUCH FUN) and there was a huge pile of mail waiting for us on the doorstep. I was anxious to look through it because I knew my developed Holga film would be there! 

I got a Holga camera for my birthday, and I used the first roll of film the day we went to SF with my family over Thanksgiving break. I was nervous to get it developed because I had no idea what I would find - snobby people on Holga forums said that if you're new to photography/lomography, you should just consider the first few rolls of film garbage. But I think most of mine turned out just fine.

I realize that they look just like Instagrams, but it's infinitely more satisfying to use real film and wait in anticipation to see how they'll turn out. Funny that film is such a novelty to me. Here's to a new hobby!

2 comments :

  1. Those are great Jobee! How fun! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo! These are beautiful!!!

    I love reading your blog, oh my gosh. You're amazing and hilarious!
    :)

    ReplyDelete